We are looking for experienced Healthcare Assistants and Senior Carers to work permanent shifts within a lovely Nursing Home in Plymouth. The Home prides itself on providing high quality nursing, residential and respite care for over 60 residents within their glorious, private grounds.
We are looking for Carers with preferably at least 2 years’ experience to join the team. However, training will be provided to those individuals that may be looking for a change in career, as long as you can show us the enthusiasm and commitment that we look for in our staffing team
The aim is to provide the best care for the residents, and we are looking for Care Assistants that will work hard to achieve this level. In return for your commitment and experience we offer a competitive wage, free uniform, and a free DBS
The basic pay starts at £10.58 per hour for those without an NVQ but enhanced hourly rates for NVQ 2 and above are available.
Duties will include, but not limited to
- Medication administration
- Providing personal care for the residents of the home
- Mealtime assistance and assistance with fluids throughout the shift
- Following the policies and procedures already in the home
- Working well within a team in an often-busy environment
- Attending training and refreshers when required as well as completing mandatory online courses.
- Communicating with other professionals, staff, and visitors to the home
- Hourly pay rate £10.58 – £14.89
- Overtime available with additional pay
- 28 days annual leave
- Private Pension Contribution
- On-going training from day one and throughout your career.
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day.
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Days and nights shifts available.
The successful applicants will need to undergo a DBS check and provide 2 satisfactory references.