An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated, Registered Nurse to join a beautiful nursing home in Ivybridge
About our client
The home is providing excellent nursing care to a group of 30 – 40 residential and respite young adults with various complex physical and learning disability needs.
Their holistic approach offers professional support from therapists, educationalists, expert medical staff, and a care team.
What’s in for you
- Salary between £29,484 to £44,291
- Full time 37.5 hours
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the full cost of which will be covered by the Trust.
- Full induction training
- Advanced training & Professional development opportunities
- 32 days annual leave entitlement, including bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- Subsidised staff lunches, made fresh onsite
- Employee recognition scheme
- The opportunity to really make a difference in a positive working environment!
Requirements for the role
- Current relevant nursing qualification (NMC)
- Previous experience working with young adults (desirable)
- Ability to work part of a team and on your own initiative
- Working knowledge of drugs dosages and drug administration
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection/protection of Vulnerable Adults and the importance of Safeguarding
- Ability to remain calm in demanding situations with a high tolerance level
- Willing, adaptable, and flexible with good organisational skills
Duties and responsibilities
Manage the day to day running of the surgery
To be medically responsible for adults with learning and physical disabilities
Assess and support individual health needs
To adhere to and follow child/adult protection policies and procedures in order to promote the safety of all service users at all times.
Monitor physical conditions and any effect of medication or activities on their health
Attend annual reviews and write reports
Liaise with colleagues to ensure continuity of care.
Apply know with your cv at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01752 418 400 EXT 2.
Please click here to view our full list of permanent positions
Click here to view our Facebook page